Friday, February 1, 2013

Lace, interfacing and plans for fall

Goodness. There is seriously so much to do. And only 39 days to do it! Am I freaking out? Yes. Yes, I am. Beyond freaking out. But I still hope that I can get it done on time for the costume contest. Today we bought more lace for the petticoat which I just got done pinning onto the petticoat, interface for the coat and collar and more boning. We WERE going to get more fabric for Abel's coat but of course I forgot the fabric sample so we didn't want to risk it. Instead we decided to have fun and go out into the city to find more of the lace I needed. The lace has been sold out for about five weeks at the store near my house so I was hoping they would have more.

The lace 

We went to the same store but in the  city and they didn't have it. There is one with the same print but a bit shorter. We've seen it at the store near us but since all three stores we went to didn't have it in I gave up and bought the smaller version. It's barely noticeable. I got some extra this time juuuuuust in case. Wasn't going to risk it this time. The petticoat now has two layers of lace and looks amazing. Its only pinned on right now and I've just started sewing it by hand. 

Abel's coat only has a few more things to do such as...

~Sew the sleeves onto the coat
~Sew the cuffs on the sleeves
~Sew the extra panel in
~Put interfacing on the cuffs and panel 
~Sew Velcro onto panel
~Hem coat

Then I'm done! The basic body is finished and I can start on the dress. I'm not doing the smaller details UNTIL the basic body of the dress is finished. I have to have both basically done so I can enter them into the contest before the 10th of March when the contest closes. 

The dress will be made out of three patterns.



This one was used for the inner skirt/petticoat. It's perfect for creating a full skirt that sits wonderfully on hoops skirts. I used pattern B which is the one in the middle of the black one and the white one. I plan on using the other patterns for other cosplays/lolita down the road.















This pattern is being used for the sleeves and bodice. I liked how simple the top part is, its very simple, clean. But wont even be seen, lol. There will be a custom made collar piece that I am going to make that goes up to the neck. 













This pattern borrowed from a friend is being used for the skirt of the dress. It will be very full and "fluffy" as she puts it. Instead of one inner panel in the front there will be two panels. 













In all the costumes should be done by March. At least I'm hoping they will be as I've put so much hard work into making them as good as I can for my first project. But what's next you might be asking?

I'm thinking this....




Since my fiance has chosen Break's "mad hatter" outfit I might do this outfit Sharon is seen wearing here. I'm still unsure if I want to make this one or not. I may change my mind over and over again. I do like this because it will be recognized as Sharon in a crowd. I found some amazing purple and pink fabric today that I may want to use for it. But like I said I'm still thinking it over. So I wont say for sure if I'm going to make it right now. 

However....I should tell you guys that there is a BIG cosplay planned for 2014. This cosplay is so big and crazy that it will take me the full year to make. That means no new cosplays during 2014 so I can focus all my attention on making these costumes. 

Okay...I'll give you hint. 




Hint for my fiance's secret cosplay for 2014






My hint....kind of a give away....but ya know.






No comments:

Post a Comment