Sunday, February 17, 2013

Trinity Blood Armor plates-part one


Prop: Trinity Blood Armor plates
Number of plates:7 (Four-Abel. Three-Caterina)


Since Abel's coat is almost done. It will be finished today. I've started on working on the armor plates so I don't have to do all this work last minute. There are 39 days until the con which is the last week of March. This is our biggest con and our first con of the year. I thought I would explain how I'm going to do these plates.

Supplies I'm using:

~Craft foam sheets
~Mod Podge
~Acrylic paint
~Impasto








I decided to to many different layers in order to get a rich worn gold color. So I picked three colors that will create a base and top coat.

The impasto is for texture.

The Mod Podge is a sealer and finish which will help prevent the foam from getting dent and will keep it waterproof.






The ugly greenish color is a mix of silver, gold and yellow. It is the base color. First thing I painted on the foam was a thin layer of gold. Then painted this. The color isn't as green as it looks in the picture. It will give a darker undertone to the plates to make it appear aged.








The top piece has both layers.

The golden piece has a thin layer of gold metallic paint. This shows through the undertone paint layer. Gives it more sparkle.








How it looks with both layers painted. It appears more gold. This will be covered by layers of impasto and gold metallic paint.

The reason it is dark is to give it a aged appearance. Like painting on a canvas its important to paint a darker undertone when aiming for an aged look. Otherwise it would be bright gold and would look new.





More to come~

Paint is drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment