Saturday, February 23, 2013

Day 33- Starting on Caterina's bodice

Hey everyone.

Since the coat is basically finished (Besides props, armor plats and belts) I've started on Caterina's dress today. Its going pretty smoothly so far. The other day my mom and I spent the whole evening talking about how to do the dress  and decided to use the original pattern I bought instead of sticking different patterns together. The patterns we were going to use would wind up being too large for the costume in mind so we skipped that idea. I finally got my mom to realize just making the skirt with extra fabric would work much better, we're sticking with the one pattern.

The bodice is fairly simple. It took me a while to figure out how to get it all in order. It turns out I forgot to cut one piece and the top wont be as thin as I thought so no lining for this. I'll just wear my white cami under. All we have to do to the bodice now (I did a ton of gathering today) is sew on the back. But I had to stop today in order to have some time to write.


I wont be posting pictures just yet. Maybe tomorrow when the back is sewn on. I'm super excited for this up-coming con. Not only are we bringing two new costumes but I'm really close to finishing my first ever hand made dress. Plus Vic is coming. ;)

If one more person drops out of the costume contest Nic and I, Black Cat cosplay, are in! We are at the top of the waiting list right now. I know there is a high chance of us getting in because there is always someone who doesn't show. Although I'm really hoping since they've done this once already, that they up the number and just let us all in. After all 40 people isn't a lot seeing as the con is normally around 20,000 cosplayers.

Who knows.



No comments:

Post a Comment