Thursday, February 21, 2013

Abel's coat + Caterina's wig




Finally finished the Abel coat. It sure did take a long while and I faced many challenges but its finally all together and looking pretty good. There are some mistakes, thanks to the trim but I don't think its too bad for my first time making a costume. I'm overall pleased with how it turned out.

Today I did the finishing touches.

~Hemmed the bottom of the coat
~Made the four pocket flaps
~Ironed on the trim on the pocket flaps
~Ironed on the pockets
~Finished ironing on the trim on the front and around the bottom


It took me a long time and boy, am I beat. But I'm very happy with how it turned out. All I need to do to it is finish the armor plates, which are almost ready (Just a few more coats of paint) then sew those on and work on the belts and their details which will most likely be made out of model magic or foam.


Tomorrow I'm starting work on Caterina's dress. I know this piece will be harder than the rest I've done so far so I saved it for last on purpose. Since it is made out of three main patterns and one that I have to make myself, it will take a lot of work and focus to get it done within 35 days! But if I can make this coat and the petticoat I think I can do it. The details I'll work on during the evenings so I can focus on sewing during the day when my mother can guide me.

Today while my fiance and I went to see Warm Bodies, a package came! Two in two days not bad. Today Caterina's wig came! I ordered form Gothic Lolita Wigs during their 20% sale and it arrived early like normal. I seriously love that company. They are so great about shipping out quickly.



Sadly since they haven't started selling the larger and longer version of this wig yet I couldn't wait any longer and decided on just getting this one for now since I'd rather not fret over wigs since I have so much sewing to do.

I love how curly this wig is! So cute. It goes to about my shoulders and is very bouncy! Not as full as it should be for Caterina but its a more realistic version so it will work wonderfully.







The bangs from the pictures of Caterina are always side swept but since my eyebrows are REALLY dark, almost black it's going to be hard to get them a light blonde so I'm leaving them like this to help cover them up. I might sweep them to the side during the contest.













Did I mention how curly this thing is?

I mean WOW! This is loaded with lovely and realistic curls. They are a bit frizzy but with real hair it would do the same so I think it adds to the wig. I can easily smooth it down anyway.

I love moving this thing. It has so much character. I really love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment