Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pre-con madness

"If you've decided that you can't do it even before you act, you have already made it into something impossible." -Yuko (XxxHolic)


Its official. I've sold Sakura's cosplay and just bought Yuko's kimono set and wig. I'm super excited and as my fiance said the other day "Con madness" has hit. We always get super excited a few months before the con which I guess is much better than being super nervous or frustrated. Right now I'm working hard on learning how to use a sewing machine and am making two cosplays. I'm focusing on the petticoat right now since It's my first time using the sewing machine rather than hand sewing. Its going great. I'm learning a lot and am almost done with the petticoat.

Next I'll be making Abel's coat for our Trinity Blood cosplays. I'm excited to get the main sewing done with so I can start working on details. Once I start working on details I'll finish really quickly. I love doing hand sewing, which I'll do for the lace and buttons and little details.  I'm trying (and learning) a lot of new techniques because of this project. But if they don't get done in time I will still have Yuko to fall back on and enjoy during Sakura-con. And if Yuko's kimono set doesn't come in time (They told me it would come around the middle of March) I'll have our Trinity Blood cosplays.

Things to do:

~Make armor plates (For Abel and caterina)
~Finish Caterina's pearl rosary
~Buy wigs for TB cosplays
~Buy Abel's rosary
~Find lace for the petticoat (Will be seen from under her dress)
~Buy shoes
~Buy new contacts
~Buy Watanuki wig
~Make Yuko's pipe


This list grew....But that's okay because I got paid! And might have a good lead for a new job! I'm super excited but besides working on the petticoat not much else is happening. But I will keep this blog updated when I start making new props. I might even come out with my own tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment