Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Why this contact disaster is so bad

Note: I will NOT be naming the well known company until I find out if my package comes today and if it does not, if they will refund our $17 dollar shipping costs. 



Contacts ordered: 2/27/16

Contacts shipped: 3/01/16

Total (Without ship): $42.80

Shipping: $17.90

Total: $60.70



Now that all that info is written, I can begin to explain why our contacts coming so late is such a huge problem.  First, Sakura-con is only 8 days away. That's enough for worry right? I have a bigger reason. I cannot see without glasses. Although there is nothing wrong with wearing glasses while cosplaying, I do not enjoy wearing my large framed glasses with long wigs. This is also my one time to be without glasses, something I look forward to. That's why we are willing to spend so much money to make sure our contacts arrive on time.

We order from this site every year since we started cosplaying (minus one year I believe.) and have always chosen a US shipping company. We've had no problems at all. And normally got our package days before it was supposed to arrive. That's why we kept coming back. However this time we chose a company we have never heard of before due to the shipping time (7-14 days.) which was perfect. There would no reason for the package not to arrive before con.

When the company, Aramex begin to update the tracking info I didn't notice anything wrong. Like normal the package was sent out of Asia (Can't say the location as it may give away the company.) and arrived in New York on the 3rd of March. Again, nothing stood out, as this company always sends its packages to NY.

Then I noticed something a bit strange....Instead of being shipped from NY to Oregon, it went down to New Jersey. No big deal, it's close to NY. Maybe they were doing something different. Then it happened....


Illinois. In case you don't know that's pretty far away from Oregon. That was the first red flag. I begin to worry when I saw the notice "Tendered for Delivery." pop up. DELIVERY? My package isn't in Oregon. So I looked up what that phrase meant and it said that it could mean that the company simply handed it over to USPS. So I decided to wait and see if the tracking number would work on USPS site. No, it did not.

On the 10th my worst nightmare happened. Our Package was in Nebraska. Not only was it in the wrong state, but delivery had been attempted and they gave us this message which my heart sink.



Obviously the address was wrong, as its located in another state. So the panic begin. I emailed the shipping company (Never got a reply, nice right?) and the company who sold us the contacts. They replied quickly and conformed it was our package. I was hoping we were simply given the wrong tracking number, but no, this was our's.

What pisses me off is that the shipping company never replied to my plea for help. That it took the contact seller to reply. They said our package would arrive (today) by the latest on March 16th. So far no knocks on my door. I'm going to check the mail and see if anything is in our box. But I highly doubt it.

Whether it was the shipping company fault for changing the address or the contact seller's fault, this could turn out very bad for us as we don't have time to order more contacts and we have to go on stage for the contest. I'm nervous and upset. But I don't want to give the company a bad review until I find out if the package arrives today or not. I'll update again on our facebook page. If it ends badly, there will be another blog, but this time a bad review for the contact seller.

Sorry if I sound horrible, I'm trying to be positive but as you can see, it's hard.



No comments:

Post a Comment