Thursday, March 3, 2016

Big news and our Sakura-con to-do list



Sakura-con was our very first convention. Fresh out of high school Nicolas and I drove up with no cosplays and no expectations. Our cosplays had been ordered but were late. And it didn't stop us from having a blast! I still remember it fondly to this day.

But why am I bringing this up when this blog is labeled "game plan"? Because this is our last convention before Nicolas and I have a baby. I am currently 14 weeks pregnant and we are thrilled about our future mini cosplayer but this con is a lot more than just that, our high school buddy is going to be heading off to boot camp sometime this year and this is his last con for what could be a very long time.

I wanted to make the most out of this convention and obviously that meant cosplaying. I'll be roughly 16 weeks pregnant and should be showing by then which made me nervous about cosplaying. How do I plan a cosplay around a baby bump I don't have yet? The solution is rather simple, a corset backing on the bodice and flats. 

If you follow our page you know we decided to finally cosplay Lacie and Levi from Pandora Hearts. These cosplays are in a way are dedicated to our friend who passed away last July. I've always wanted to cosplay Lacie and Alice together since we had cosplayed Alice and Will and had a blast. Instead I wanted to make sure this cosplay was the best I could possibly make as if I were making it for her. 

Anyway, sorry for sad sappy stuff she's on my mind a lot when I talk cosplay. 


Our Sakura-con game plan isn't very complex like when we had Seth and Abel. Thanks goodness Lacie and Levi have simple outfits. Down below is a list of what still needs to be done. 


Lacie

Bodice 
  • corset backing
  • Ruffle collar (around shoulders)
  • Fabric flower

Skirt
  • Connect front ruffles
  • Make front black ruffles

Choker  (might make this out of ribbon.)

  • Base
  • Bow 
  • Lace trim
  • Attachment clip
Wig
  • Cut bangs


Levi

Shawl
  • Cut a few inches off each side and hem
  • Sew on Trim fringe
Coat  (May switch this with the waistcoat)
  • Draft pattern
  • Buy fabric
  • Sew panels together
  • Sew on trim details
Waistcoat
  • Find and buy pattern
  • Buy fabric
  • Buy white trim
  • Buy gold buttons
  • Sew together
Wig
  • Weft turned into braid to go around the ponytail
  • Braids along the side of the base
  • Bangs styled






Honestly looking at the waistcoat I might just pass on it. There is no way I can get button holes down on time. Because I hate them. Hahaha.....Anyway I'm thinking the coat/cape thing might look cooler for pictures as Levi is often seen wearing that more often than his other outfits. And it owuld be a lot easier to make as I already have muslin to make a pattern. 

Overall I am not too worried about getting both down on time. I do however need to find my petticoat I use often with hoop skirts to hide the bones from showing under the gown's fabric and find the boots we used for Abel. Otherwise the only thing we need to buy are pants and a shirt for Levi and some small and minor make-up products. Our contacts should be here within a few days to a week so everything that needed a long wait time to order has been dealt with. 

I don't know if I mentioned this on the page but we will be arriving on day one, instead of day zero due to our friend's work schedule. The poor guy has to end his shift at midnight and be in the car on the way to Seattle by five in the morning. He's going to be beat. Luckily for us our hotel has safe bag storage so once we arrive and if our room isn't ready we will rush down to get our badges and wait or rush to (depending on when we arrive) to the contest pre-meet. 

Friday will be a busy day. We have judging and a photo-shoot with a lovely photographer we are so excited about working with again. After all that I may be in lolita the rest of the day. There will be lots of shopping and having fun. Hopefully trying new things too. 

Day two is the contest and day three we go home. The weekend will be a ton of fun. I'm glad I was able to get the bulk of our cosplays done especailly since I had been sick during most of it. If you are going to Sakura-con comment on page (on the post I linked this on.) and tell us who your going as to Sak. 


No comments:

Post a Comment